A primary part of your car is the brakes; keeping them in good condition will prevent you from having a failure. To avoid this, here are 5 signs that tell you that you should check and replace your front brakes.
- Thin Balata: Balata is an essential part of the brake system, they have direct contact with the disc and even take charge of slowing it down, thanks to the pressure they exert on callipers. However, with wear they wear out and this may cause them to break down or even damage the disc. To prevent the above, you should check their thickness. As a rule, if they are at least a quarter of an inch they are still in good condition, if they are thinner it’s time to change them.
- If you hear weird noises: If when you press the brake pedal you hear strange noises such as a squeak or rubbing, it is time to change your break in Tucson Brake Repair shop. The rubbing sound may come from the friction of the balata with the disc, it is a strong indicator that the balata is over and that even callipers may already be touching the rotor. The screeching sound comes from a brake system sensor, which is attended by a light on the instrument panel.
- If the car is pulled to the right or left: If, while driving or braking, your car “tries” to turn on its own to the right or left, it means that your car has a brake problem. The jerking that is generated can be caused by a stuck calliper. One of the another cause may be a broken or damaged brake hose, thereby lower pressure in the fluid. It would caused by the callipers to move unevenly at the moment when applying the force to the brakes. The same would happen if the balata is uneven, that is, one more worn than the other.
- Vibration when braking: in general, if you feel the pedal vibrating when braking, it means that the discs are damaged. The surface being uneven and making contact with the ballasts does not join well. Rotors are usually damaged if they were overused for a long period. This happens due to excessive friction due to slow down or slow down frequently if your vehicle is heavily loaded or towing a vehicle. You should not confuse the vibration that is generated if the brake system brings ABS. It is very different and only arises at the time of an evasive manoeuvre to prevent an accident.
- A loose or hard pedal: If when you step on the brake pedal you notice that it has a lot of play, it is loose or in a few words it sinks. It is an indication that you have a problem in the brake system. It may be that the ballads are worn; the hydraulic system may not work because there is air in the lines or some leakage of the brake fluid. On the other hand if you find yourself movement on the pedal, it is hard and with a light touch of it the car brakes excessively. It may be an indication that the disc is partially damaged, that the brake fluid is dirty or contaminated by moisture.
So if you want to change front brake of your car it is best to take suggestion from the expert because he is person who will give you best advice whether your car front brake need to be change or not.