If you ever visited a pharmaceutical laboratory, you must have seen that refrigerator looking chamber. They are called the stability chambers. The stability chambers are usually utilized to test products and know what degree of hotness or coldness a product can endure. It is also used to test the humidity or dryness of a product. The stability chambers are of many types, and they come in different sizes. Some of the standard stability chambers are:
- Reach in chambers
- Walk-in stability chamber
- Environmental chambers
- Tested humidity chamber
- Accelerated test chamber
- Photostability chamber
Walk-In Stability Chamber
Walk-in stability chambers are designed for high-level research and climatic testing. It has exceptional control and safety that can allow you to test pharmaceutical products and industrial equipment on a larger scale. It helps you maintain a standard for commercial sales. They are big enough for you to walk into them, hence the name walk-in stability chamber.
The following are the commonly found features in most walk-in stability chambers.
- A touch screen display (HMI) to regulate the temperature from outside.
- Program logic control
- A temperature sensor already installed in it.
- Biometric system for your security
- LAN connectivity
- SMS alert service so that you can be informed when anything dangerous is about to happen.
- Data management system for your ease.
Guidelines For Its Usage
The working of the walk-in stability chamber is almost automated except for a few features. It makes it very easy to use. However, there are a few risk factors and guidelines you need to know about it.
- There should be enough space around the chamber so that the person operating it has room to move around and efficiently perform experiments.
- There should be constant availability of water to the stability chamber for its proper operation. It requires almost 30 liters of water each day, and the quality of water should be regular tap water. If hard water is used, it will not give the desired results. Moreover, the pressure range of the water should be standard. The quantity of water required might vary according to its size.
- The temperature in the stability chamber and around equipment must be below 24 degrees centigrade.
- The power supply to the stability chamber should be stable; any fluctuation can cause you a significant loss.
Benefits Of Stability Chamber
A walk-in chamber has a lot of benefits. Some of them are as follows:
- It can maintain the conditions for a long time.
- You can quickly get the desired temperature inside the chamber.
- It saves power by its chilled water refrigeration method.
- The walk-in chambers are larger so they can store a larger number of samples at the same time.
- They can maintain the uniform temperature all over the chamber no matter where the sample is placed; it will get the same conditions.
Walk-in chambers are becoming more and more common throughout the world in pharmaceutical industries. They can help you perform a series of experiments in no time, and you can reach accuracy with them.