At dodow sleep reviews, you will come across several reviews about what people were using before they decided to try out dodow. There are so many sleep aids available in the market which you should know so that you compare them with what is on this website and make your choice. Each of them hasits own pros and cons and thus, you will need to know all about them before you decide which one to use.
Natural sleep aids
These are supplements that contain ingredients that claim to be naturally sourced to induce sleep. When shopping around for natural sleep aids, you might find the below ingredients available in various supplements or a combination of several of them as part of a formula. In case you know there is an ingredient that you react to, then you will have to avoid that particular supplement.
- Melatonin:It is a sleep hormone. Naturally, melatonin is produced by the brain in the evening as a sign that your body wants to start sleeping. But due to the fact that most of the time we spend flooding the brain with light which is artificial via tech devices and indoor lighting, exercising when it is late at night, and doing other activities which are nonsleeping promoters, there is a possibility of your natural melatonin being delayed.
This is a problem which shift workers normally encounter due to sleeping during a time that the brain recognizes as being daytime. The production of melatonin can also be delayed due to jet lag, where you travel across different time zones and your body gets out of sync with the external environment.
Using a melatonin supplement can help in correcting such circadian sleep disruptions, whereby it gives you a melatonin supplement boost. It can relieve temporal insomnia, especially one which is related to jet lag. It can also decrease the amount of time you take to fall asleep, increase your total amount of sleep and thereby increasing the quality of sleep you get.
Melatonin supplements are considered to be safe as long as you follow the recommended dosages which range between 0.1 mg to 0.5 mg depending on your age and other health conditions.
- Magnesium: It has shown to have effects that are calming, making it easier for body and mind which are restless to fall asleep and stay asleep. Just like the Melatonin, the body naturally is able to produce magnesium with half of it in the bones. It is a mineral that is present in most foodstuffs that are consumed on a daily basis. If you’re wondering, does magnesium help you sleep? The answer is a resounding yes.
Apart from having an effect that is calming, the reason why the magnesium is considered to be one of the best sleeping aid is due to two other elements found in the brain. It has a stabilizing effect on melatonin as well as GABA – gamma-aminobutyric acid messengers found in the brain, helping to calm the brain. Deficiency of magnesium can cause insomnia
- Herbs and plants extract: Magnesium and Melatonin are the most common ingredients which you will find in most natural sleep aids. Apart from that, there are sleep formulas that include the below plant extracts in order to promote relaxation and calmness.
- Lavender: It is mostly used to treat insomnia as oil for aromatherapy. It is very effective as an essential oil for sleep. It is good for relieving anxiety which mostly goes hand in hand with insomnia. But lavender as a supplement is still being evaluated for both effectiveness and safety. Some of the side effects that you might encounter when using it include stomach pain and nausea. For boys, when the lavender oil is applied, they experience prepubertal gynecomastia.
- John’s Wort: It is a herb that relieves comorbid depression. It also stimulates GABA receptors in the brain, ensuring that you have quality sleep and calmness. Its side effects include dry mouth, dizziness, and distress of gastrointestinal.
- Passionflower: It is also a plant that is associated with improving the quality of sleep. But just like the lavender, it tends to be less effective as compared to other plants. The good thing about it is that it doesn’t have any adverse side effects thereby appearing to be safe.
- Ginkgo Biloba: This is a natural herb that is normally used to relieve stress by calming your brain.
- Chamomile: It is a daisy-like plant that is normally consumed as a tea at bedtime. It is able to relieve both depression and anxiety. It has also been found to improve daytime functioning as well as hastening sleep onset.
- Lemon balm: It is a minty plant that might have positive effects on the GABA receptors found in your brain. It performs well especially when you combine it with valerian root.
Check out dodow sleep reviewsbefore making your final decision