As much as we rely on our refrigerators to keep our food from spoiling, sometimes they need a little help themselves. Just like any other appliance in your home, your fridge is susceptible to breaking down and will eventually need repairs.
The most common refrigerator repairs include:
- Replacing the water filter: Water filters should be replaced every six months to ensure that the water dispensed from your fridge is clean and free of contaminants. A professional contractor who is experienced in refrigeration repair in Winter Haven, FL can help you replace your water filter quickly and easily.
- Defrosting the freezer: Over time, ice can build up on the coils in your freezer, causing it to work less efficiently. You’ll need to defrost the freezer periodically to prevent this from happening.
- Replacing the door gasket: The door gasket is what seals the fridge door shut, keeping the cold air in and the warm air out. If it’s damaged or worn, it will need to be replaced. When you schedule refrigeration service in Winter Haven, FL, be sure to ask about replacing the door gasket.
- Adjusting the door hinges: Over time, the door hinges on your fridge can become loose, causing the door to not seal properly. This can cause your fridge to run less efficiently and potentially damage the food inside.
- Replacing the lightbulb: If the light inside your fridge goes out, you’ll need to replace the lightbulb. Be sure to use a bulb that is specifically designed for refrigerators; regular lightbulbs can overheat and start a fire.
- Cleaning the drip pan: The drip pan is located under the fridge and catches any water that drips from the defrost drain. If it becomes full of water, it can start to rust and corrode.
- Adjusting the leveling legs: The leveling legs are what keep your fridge level. Over time, they can become loose or worn, causing your fridge to tilt to one side. This can make it harder for the door to seal properly and can damage the food inside.
If you’re having any problems with your fridge, be sure to call a professional contractor who specializes in refrigeration repair in Winter Haven, FL. They’ll be able to diagnose the problem and make the necessary repairs quickly and easily.
Tips To Hire A Contractor For Refrigeration Repair Services!
When your fridge breaks down, it can be a real pain. Not only do you have to worry about the food inside going bad, but you also have to find a contractor who is qualified to perform refrigeration repair in Winter Haven, FL.
There are a few things you should keep in mind when hiring a contractor for refrigeration repair services:
- Make sure the contractor is licensed and insured: This is important for two reasons. First, it will protect you in case something goes wrong during the repair process. Second, it will ensure that the contractor is qualified to perform the repairs.
- Ask for referrals: If you know someone who has had their fridge repaired recently, ask them how they used it and if they were satisfied with the service. This will give you a good idea of which contractors are reputable and which ones to avoid.
- Get multiple estimates: Once you’ve narrowed down your options, get estimates from each of the contractors you’re considering. This will help you compare prices and find the best deal.
- Ask about warranty: Most reputable contractors will offer some type of warranty on their work. This will protect you in case something goes wrong after the repairs are made.
- Read reviews: Before hiring a contractor, be sure to read online reviews. This will give you an idea of what others have experienced with the contractor you’re considering.
Keep these tips in mind when hiring a contractor for refrigeration repair services and you’ll be sure to find someone who can get the job done right. Contact Integrity Refrigeration and A/C at 863-557-4608 to schedule an appointment.