If your AC isn’t working properly, it can be frustrating and uncomfortable. Luckily, there are a few things to troubleshoot the issue. In this article, we’ll go over some of the most common causes of AC problems so you can get your unit up and running again in no time.
- Dirty air filter: One of the most common causes of AC problems is a dirty air filter. If your air filter is clogged, it can restrict airflow and cause your AC to work harder than it needs to. As a result, your AC may not be able to cool your home effectively, and it may even overheat. To avoid this problem, be sure to regularly check and replace your air filter.
- Refrigerant leak: Another common cause of AC problems is a refrigerant leak. If your AC is leaking refrigerant, it will be less effective at cooling your home. In addition, a refrigerant leak can damage your AC unit and lead to costly repairs. If you suspect a refrigerant leak, contact a professional AC repair technician right away.
- Thermostat issues: Incorrectly set or defective thermostats can also cause AC problems. If your thermostat is set too low, your AC will run continuously in an attempt to reach the desired temperature. This can waste energy and strain your AC unit, leading to premature breakdowns. Likewise, if your thermostat is set too high, your AC will cycle on and off too frequently, which can also cause premature wear and tear. To avoid these problems, be sure to properly set your thermostat and schedule AC services in Peoria, AZ regularly.
- Clogged drain line: One of the common cause of AC problems is a clogged drain line. Water can back up into your AC unit and damage it, if your drain line is clogged. In addition, a clogged drain line can cause your AC to leak water inside your home. To avoid this problem, be sure to regularly clean your AC’s drain line.
- Fan issues: defective or dirty fans can also cause AC problems. If the fan in your AC unit is not working properly, it can restrict airflow and cause your AC to overheat. In addition, a dirty fan can spread dust and dirt throughout your home, which can worsen allergies or respiratory problems. To avoid these problems, be sure to regularly clean your AC fans and have them serviced by a professional if they stop working properly.
Planning for AC repair in Sun City, AZ at the first sign of trouble is the best way to avoid a complete AC breakdown. However, if you do experience AC problems, these tips should help you troubleshoot the issue so you can get your unit up and running again in no time.
Tips to prevent AC repairs!
Schedule Regular Maintenance
One of the best ways to prevent AC repairs is to schedule regular maintenance for your unit. During maintenance, a technician will inspect your unit and clean any dirty parts. This can help to prevent major problems from developing, as they will be caught early on. Additionally, you should make sure to change your AC filter regularly, as a dirty filter can cause your unit to work harder than necessary and lead to repairs.
Keep Your Unit Clean
It is also important to keep your AC unit clean, as dirt and dust can cause it to work harder than necessary. You should make sure to clean the exterior of your unit regularly with a hose or brush. Additionally, you should have the interior of your unit cleaned by a professional every few years.
Avoid Making Large Changes in Temperature
You should also avoid making large temperature changes, as this can put a strain on your AC unit. Instead, you should gradually adjust the temperature until it is where you want it to be. Additionally, you should try to keep the temperature in your home consistent throughout the day, as fluctuating temperatures can also lead to repairs.
Use Your Ceiling Fans
To help your AC unit run more efficiently, you should use your ceiling fans when possible. Ceiling fans can help to circulate air and make a room feel cooler without having to lower the temperature on your AC unit. This can help you save money on your energy bill and prevent repairs.
Close Your Blinds
Another way to help your AC unit run more efficiently is to close your blinds during the day. This will help to keep the sun from heating your home and make it harder for your AC unit to cool down. Additionally, you should open up your windows at night so that cool air can enter your home and help lower the temperature inside.
Know When to Call for Repairs
Even if you take all of these preventive measures, there may come a time when you need AC repairs. If you notice that your unit is not cooling your home as well as it used to or that it is making strange noises, then you should call a professional for assistance. Contact Five Star Air at 623-244-0414 to schedule an appointment.