Ask any business about their most valuable asset, and the answer will always be people. It is the people who co-create the brand by connecting with the customers proactively.
But people are often wildcards. One never knows when they’ll surprise you by going five extra miles to win brownie points for your brand, or when they’ll hit it and quit it.
So, how much should you be investing in the most valuable asset of your business?
If the answer stumps you, then you should refer to a call center calculator.
THE RISK OF RECRUITING COFFEE LOVERS
Full-time employees are great. They understand your business thoroughly. They were probably there even when your business really wasn’t.
Nobody can sell your brand better than full-time employees.
Except when they are on their coffee breaks.
It is the single biggest woe of any business owner – that employees are on coffee break as the calls keep coming.
Add to that the overhead of office space, training costs, equipment costs, leaves, benefits, HR costs, the incentives for keeping them motivated, and you’ll soon see the FTE calculation chart showing more red zones than green.
OUTSOURCING TO CALL CENTERS
When you outsource a chunk of your support and staff to call centers, some troubles leave your plate too. For instance, there are
- No leaves to manage
- No worrying about employee motivation
- No staffing issues
You definitely don’t have to deal with the coffee-break-headache syndrome.
Sure, call center agents do not understand your business. But they can be trained – and these training costs will be a part of the package.
Just these few variables, as shown in any basic call center calculation, are enough to add profits to your business. However, if these two aren’t good enough tipping points for you, here are some other benefits of outsourcing support and sales to call centers:
- 24×7 availability
- Infrastructure made available by the agency
- Multilingual support
- Prior support/sales experience
- Multi-channel support
- Service assurance
- Delivered metrics
HOW DOES A CALL CENTER CALCULATOR WORK?
If you’re beginning to see the benefits of outsourcing to call center agents, and then let us seal the deal for you – the only number that matters is the hourly rate.
Call centers offer flexible support in their services. It is these or the combination of the services that decide the outcome of the call center staffing calculator:
- Inbound Services vs. Outbound Services
- One-time or ongoing services
- Email support, chart support included or not
- Specific service type (e.g., tech support, survey support, etc.)
- Shift coverage
- Number of calls or leads needed and more.
Based on these, the call center calculator turns up with the number of resources you need and their hourly/weekly rate, which further helps you in understanding the projected costs and comparing it with your current staffing expenditures.
WHY USE A CALL CENTER CALCULATOR?
Irrespective of whether you choose to outsource your services or you decide to stick with full-time employees, it is always a good idea to run your expectations through a call center staffing calculator:
- It brings transparency to staffing costs.
- It unequivocally shows the costing of each requirement. This way, you can understand which service you can afford, to which degree.
- It helps you decide the call center outsourcing company you’d like to partner with.
- It helps you understand if your current staffing is in line with industry standards.
DID YOU KNOW THAT OUTSOURCING LEADS TO 5% REDUCTION IN THE COSTS OF FTE?
At Expert Callers, we offer call center solutions that maintain the same standard as those of full-time employees, while reducing costs by 5%.
We do see by offering a host of additional benefits like:
- Integrating the latest technology for efficient call distribution
- Managing flexible tasks for maximum efficiency
- Brand and business training for skilled agents
- Work in medium-large groups to reduce the number of hours and improve service effectiveness
To see the numbers and the services covered, and understand your own requirements, check out our call center calculator.