Your furnace is an essential part of your home, and it’s important to keep it in good working order. Unfortunately, furnaces don’t last forever and eventually, they will need to be replaced.
If you’re not sure whether it’s time to replace your furnace, here are 10 signs that it may be time for a furnace replacement in Lake Zurich IL:
- Your furnace is 15+ years old.
- You’re constantly calling for repairs.
- Your energy bills are increasing.
- The furnace is making strange noises.
- The furnace isn’t heating evenly.
- The furnace is short-cycling.
- The pilot light is yellow or orange.
- There’s rust on the furnace.
- The furnace doesn’t seem to be as efficient as it used to be.
- You don’t have a warranty.
If you’re experiencing any of these problems, it may be time to replace your furnace. Now, let’s take a more in-depth look at each of these signs.
- Your furnace is 15+ years old: The average lifespan of a furnace is 15-20 years, so if your furnace is getting up there in age, it may be time to start thinking about replacing it.
- You’re constantly calling for repairs: If you find yourself calling for repairs more and more often, it may be time to replace your furnace. Constantly repairing an old furnace can end up being more expensive than just replacing it.
- Your energy bills are increasing: An increase in your energy bills is one of the first signs that your furnace is starting to fail. If your furnace isn’t operating as efficiently as it used to, it will have to work harder to heat your home, using more energy and costing you more money.
- The furnace is making strange noises: If your furnace starts making strange noises, it could be a sign that something is wrong. Common furnace problems that can cause noise include a cracked heat exchanger, loose blower belts, or a damaged blower motor.
- The furnace isn’t heating evenly: If you notice that your furnace isn’t heating your home evenly, it could be a sign of a problem with the blower fan or air ducts.
- The furnace is short-cycling: Short-cycling is when your furnace turns on and off more frequently than normal. This is a sign of a problem with the furnace, and it can cause your energy bills to increase. Additionally, short cycling puts stress on the furnace and can shorten its lifespan.
- The pilot light is orange or yellow: A healthy pilot light is usually blue. But, if it’s orange or yellow, it could be a mark that your furnace is making too much carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas that can be deadly, so if you see this sign, you should call a repairman immediately.
- There’s rust on the furnace: Rust is a sign of wear and tear, and it can be an indication that your furnace is reaching the end of its lifespan.
- The furnace doesn’t seem to be as efficient as it used to be: If you notice that your furnace isn’t heating your home as efficiently as it used to, it’s probably time for a new furnace installation in Barrington, IL.
- You don’t have a warranty: If you don’t have a warranty and the furnace is very old, it’s definitely time to consider AC replacement. A warranty will give you peace of mind and protect you from expensive repairs if something does go wrong with your furnace.
If you’re experiencing any of these problems, it may be time to replace your furnace. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact an expert.
How Do Furnace Service Experts Provide Replacement?
If you think that it is time for a replacement, then you should get in touch with furnace service experts in Lake Zurich, IL. They will come to your home and check out your furnace to figure out the root of the problem. If they determine that your furnace needs to be replaced, they will help you choose the right model and size for your home. They will also install the furnace and dispose of your old one. Contact Aaron & Trecker Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. at 847-540-9585 to get started.