It’s that time of year again when the weather starts to get colder and you have to start relying on your furnace to keep your home warm. But before you turn on your furnace for the first time this season, there are a few things you should do to make sure it’s in good working condition and won’t give you any problems. Here are 10 tips for furnace repair in Buffalo, NY:
- Schedule a tune-up: The best way to prevent furnace problems is to have it serviced by a professional before you need to use it for the first time each season. This will help identify any potential issues and fix them before they become bigger problems.
- Check the air filter: The air filter should be replaced every few months, but it’s a good idea to check it before you turn on the furnace for the first time each season. A dirty air filter will make your furnace work harder and can lead to problems down the road.
- Clean the furnace: Before you turn on your furnace, take some time to clean it. This includes dusting off the outside and vacuuming out the inside. This will help keep the furnace running smoothly and prevent any potential problems.
- Check for leaks: Another thing you should do before turning on your furnace is to check for any gas or oil leaks. If you smell anything unusual, it’s best to call a professional to have them take a look. You may need a new furnace installation in Buffalo, NY if there are any major leaks.
- Test the thermostat: The thermostat is what controls the temperature in your home, so it’s important to make sure it’s working properly. Test it out before you turn on the furnace to make sure it’s set to the right temperature.
- Inspect the flue: The flue is the part of the furnace that vents the exhaust outside. You should inspect it before turning on the furnace to make sure there are no blockages or damage.
- Check for carbon monoxide: Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas that can be produced by furnaces. Make sure to install a carbon monoxide detector in your home and check it regularly to ensure your family’s safety.
- Make sure the area around the furnace is clear: It’s important to keep the area around your furnace clear to prevent any fires. Make sure there are no flammable materials nearby and that the venting is unobstructed.
- Know what to do if there’s a problem: If you do experience any problems with your furnace, it’s important to know what to do. Many problems can be fixed by simply resetting the furnace or adjusting the thermostat. But if you’re not sure, it’s always best to call a professional for help.
- Schedule annual maintenance: Even if you don’t think there’s anything wrong with your furnace, it’s still a good idea to have it serviced by a professional once a year. This will help keep it running smoothly and prevent any potential problems down the road.
Tips To Hire The Best Furnace Repair!
- Check the Company’s Credentials
The first thing you should do when looking for a reputable company to handle your furnace repair in Buffalo, NY is to check their credentials. A quick Google search will reveal any awards or recognition the company has received, as well as any Better Business Bureau complaints that have been filed against them.
- Get Referrals from Family and Friends
When it comes to finding a reliable furnace repair company, one of the best methods is to get referrals from family and friends who have had similar work done in the past. If someone you trust has had a positive experience with a particular company, there’s a good chance you will too.
- Read Online Reviews
In addition to personal referrals, another great way to screen potential furnace repair companies is to read online reviews. Again, a quick Google search will reveal a wealth of information from past and present customers. Be sure to pay attention to both the positive and negative reviews to get a well-rounded idea of what to expect.
- Get an Estimate
Once you’ve narrowed down your choices, be sure to get an estimate from each company before making your final decision. In most cases, the repair itself should only take a few hours, but be sure to ask about any additional fees that may apply such as diagnostic charges or after-hours surcharges.
Following these tips, you can help prevent furnace problems and keep your home warm all winter long. If you do experience any issues, be sure to call a professional for help. Contact Smart Home Heating and Cooling today at (716) 545-1849 to schedule an appointment.