Modern machines and equipment have made human life more comfortable. Various inventions and their benefits have made changed the way people perform tasks.
For example, radio and television have become a source of entertainment, and computers can be used for the creation of software and applications that reduce human effort.
The invention of wireless technology like wireless fidelity (WIFI) and Bluetooth have entirely revolutionized the electronic goods industry, and telecommunication devices like Smartphones have reduced human distances.
All these devices and inventions use a complex system of hardware and software, which is challenging to develop and maintain. Therefore, it is vital to educate people regarding the ways to improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering provides in-depth knowledge on the scientific applications and mathematical principles for developing and testing the functionality of electronic devices.
It emphasizes communication networks and electronic circuits that are used for building equipment for the transmission of information.
They are given information regarding the following fields and devices:
- Microprocessors and wireless controllers
- Analog devices
- Satellite communication
- SSDs, i.e. solid-state devices that are used as storage devices in computers and laptops
- Wireless and antenna-based interface
- Integrated circuits and the equipment used
Students are equipped with the skills to design, develop, and test electronic and communication devices.
It is a 4-year undergraduate degree giving basic knowledge regarding electronic circuits and communication technology. The training helps students land excellent jobs in various fields like:
- Robotics, where students are trained to create machines that can perform the work of a human being but with greater efficiency
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Electronic and power engineering involves the creation and testing of electronic devices that use integrated circuits and electricity for functioning purposes. Students gain information about generators, motors, and even transformers: all electronic devices necessary in generating electricity.
- Navigation and signal processing, where students deal with analog and wireless signal-based technology and associated devices.
- Telecommunications engineering imparts learning about the working of messages and information transmission through cables.
- Last, but not least, computer engineering, where students get information about working on computers and the underlying software and hardware.
Popular Specialisation: Internet of Things
Out of all these sectors, the internet of things (IoT) is a relatively new but most lucrative field for an electronics and communication engineering graduate.
It involves the creation and testing of technologies that connect various devices of daily use like lights, speakers, and other machines without the use of any wire or cable.
Students, through this degree, can gain basic knowledge regarding this field, which in turn can be used for creating their projects. Specialization is a great career choice in the present as well as the future.
Eligibility for the program
Students opting for this degree should have:
- Cleared the 12th class from a recognized Board
- Minimum of 50% marks in subjects like mathematics, physics, and chemistry.
- Appeared in the JEE exam for getting admission into a prestigious institution for better career prospects.
Curriculum and Course Structure
Universities use various methods of imparting knowledge related to the electronics and communication field, which includes a comprehensive curriculum of important topics/chapters, classroom lectures, practical work, laboratory tests, workshops, internships, research papers, and projects.
Practical and theoretical knowledge is provided under the strict supervision of experienced teachers and industrial leaders.
The main idea behind the creation of this intensive course is to educate students and make them understand the principles which govern the functioning of various electronic communication systems.
Subjects taught in B.Tech. ECE gives an in-depth knowledge of all electrical and communication systems like Integrated circuits and microprocessors etc. Specific core and compulsory subjects included in the course are as follows:
- Mathematics, physics, and chemistry
- Computer hardware and software
- Networking and telecommunications
- Economics and management
- Digital signal Processing
- Network design and testing
- Principles of communication
Apart from all the core subjects, students can opt for specific elective courses like:
- Internet of things
- Sensors and related devices
- Radio waves
- Image processing
- Wireless and fiber communication
Moreover, after completion of the course, students can expect a job in one of the following industries:
- Power and electricity-generating sector
- Chemical industries
- Software and hardware development industries
- Electronics industry which manufactures consumer appliances and equipment
- Smart devices manufacturing companies
- Robotics and Information technology industry
Also, the government has been a significant recruiter of B. Tech electronic engineers. They are recruited for various government positions, for example, the Head Electrical Engineer at the Power Plants is responsible for overlooking generation and transmission of power.
Changes in the IT sector are happening at a fast pace. New technologies are being invented at a higher speed, which requires the help and support of electronic and communication engineers who can understand the system and further improve them.
It is essential to fully equip them for facing challenges posed by the IT sector by getting admission to an elite institution.
Why Join BML Munjal University?
To get the best knowledge, one must seriously consider taking admission at BML Munjal University (BMU).
It is one of the best universities adopting a practical approach for making students understand the concepts studied under B. Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering degree.
Their focus is to prepare the students for future challenges in the industrial as well as the corporate sector. They equip the students with all the necessary skills needed to get a prestigious job at a private or public company.
Moreover, the University allows the students to choose their research project for a better and deep understanding of the concepts. They focus on the future needs of the electronics industry and help students specialize in the field of the Internet of Things. BMU also organizes workshops and seminars conducted by industrial leaders for improving the horizon of their student’s learning abilities. The provision of professional supervision in test labs makes BMU the best university.
Admission to the university requires payment of the requisite fees, submission of admission form, fulfilling admission criteria, and cracking the interviews.
Students can be sure of a bright future upon passing from the university.