A smile is considered the prettiest thing a person can wear. Having a great smile gives you a good dose of confidence. With little help from your orthodontist, you can get that perfect smile you’ve always wanted.
Photo by Allef Vinicius
Dental treatments have evolved significantly over the years. Not long ago, the only options were traditional metal braces, but thanks to the advancement in technology, there is now a clear alternative to straighten and enhance the teeth — Invisalign.
How Invisalign Works
Unlike traditional braces that use brackets and wires to fix crooked or misaligned teeth, Invisalign is a clear, plastic aligner that is the next level solution to straighten teeth. This custom-made aligner gradually shifts the teeth into their proper position over time, creating a winning and confident smile. According to Orthodontist Edmonton professional, that “if you are determined to correct your misaligned smile without the hassles posed by traditional braces, Invisalign is a seamless solution”. Although it works the same way as braces, Invisalign is virtually invisible to anyone and can be conveniently removed when eating, drinking, or sleeping.
Photo by Sam Manns
Benefits of Invisalign
In addition to invisibility and convenience, here are other fantastic reasons why you should consider getting an Invisalign treatment:
- More Advanced Technology – Using the Invisalign 3D technology, your orthodontist creates a step-by-step treatment plan for the entire treatment process. X-rays and impressions of teeth are taken to create a 3D image, which is used to map out the exact movement of teeth and design the trays used to straighten teeth. Once the plan is in place, the orthodontist will create the first set of aligners that is custom-fitted to your mouth. A new set of aligners will be given to you every couple of weeks until the treatment is completed.
- Comfortable to Wear – Invisalign braces are designed to ensure comfort and convenience. It can be removed and cleaned every time. Also, it is gentler on your mouth and gums; it places less pressure on teeth while being as effective as traditional metal braces.
- No Food Restrictions – Wearing Invisalign braces means you can eat anything you like because they can be removed every time you eat. It also allows you to brush and floss your teeth after eating and pop it back right in your mouth immediately. Simply make sure to keep them in your mouth 20 to 22 hours a day to prevent delay in treatment.
- Shorter Treatment Period – Traditional braces may take years to straighten crooked teeth, an Invisalign treatment period can be as short as 12 months. Your orthodontist may also offer you other accelerated orthodontic treatments on top of your Invisalign aligners to quicken the process.
- Effective Treatment for Most Teeth Alignment Issues – Teeth alignment issues could potentially result in tooth decay and premature teeth loss, as well as gum disease and jaw problems. Invisalign braces can be used to treat various teeth alignment problems from crooked or protruding teeth to more serious misalignment issues, such as overbite, underbite, and malocclusion. Other treatable issues include overcrowding of teeth and crossbites.
- Easy to Clean – Whether you have traditional metal braces or Invisalign, they need to be cleaned thoroughly. Cleaning Invisalign trays is easy compared to cleaning metal braces. You simply have to remove them, wash them with mild soap, and gently brush it inside and out. You can also soak them in an Invisalign cleaning solution.
Invisalign is available in Guelph, Ontario, and other parts of Canada. Be sure to ask the nearest cosmetic dentistry in Guelph if they offer this particular treatment.